Sunyee light bar installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassi.Wood94

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,
I recently purchased a Sunyee 23" cree led light bar but didn't receive any instructions on how to install. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem too? How did you install it correctly? Any chance you can provide photos or instructions?

Thanks in advance! :)

Welcome to the forum!

Mine came with a harness (that I only used temporarily, but it does work). I removed it and wired things up like this:

Items required:

- some electrical wire in black and some in red. It doesn't need to be heavy cable. You will need ONE piece (perhaps 200mm long) of heavy red cable and you'd be best served by buying a 20A in-line fuse which will have enough wire on both sides to fulfill your needs. It's all explained below. I've put links to the kind of things you need.

- a 12V switch
- a 20A or 30A automotive in-line fuse
- a 30A or 40A automotive relay
- some spade connectors, some ring connectors and a crimping tool to attach these to the wires

Method:
Take a light black wire and connect the ring connector to the end. Attach the ring to a dash mounting bolt inside the cabin near the steering wheel (it may already have a wire connected to it, it's a great source of earth or negative in the cabin). Run this wire to where you want the switch, cut the cable and attach a spade connector to it. Attach this connector to the switch in the middle.

You now want to run another light black wire from the switch through the firewall and out to near the battery. Connect a spade connector to the wire, attach the spade connector to the switch. If you got a double pole switch, make sure you use the same side as the other connector.

On the other end of the cable that you just ran out in the engine bay, attach a spade connector to the cable and put that on terminal number 86 of the relay. That's the hard part done.

Now take a wire (red is okay, blue if you can manage it, it won't be a heavy load on it so size is unimportant). Attach a spade connector to one end, put this on terminal 85 of the relay, and attach the other end to the blue wire that goes to your right-hand headlight (this is the high beam wire). You can strip away a small amount of the wire and solder the new piece in, then use some rescue tape to seal it up. What you have just achieved is restricting the light bar from being used when high beam is on ONLY.

Grab the light bar. It should have a heavy black and a heavy red cable coming from it. Attach the black cable to the battery negative. There's TWO wires to go.

Attach a spade connector to the heavy red wire and connect this to pin 87 of the relay.

Last one: attach one side of the fuse's cable (doesn't matter which) to the battery positive. Attach a spade connector to the other end of the fused wire and join this to terminal 30 of the relay.

Job is done. How you mount the light bar is another thing. I put mine on the top of my bullbar, by welding a couple of small pieces of steel flat-bar to some 75mm exhaust clamps, painting these black and bolting the light bar to these.

Hope that helps.

Great write up Tony, this is the same setup as mine we should make this a sticky as its pretty much the same for any spot light wiring.

Another good way to mount them is with these from ebay. $40. Good if you are not handy with a welder etc. image-2735915475.jpg image-2033577196.jpg I have also set my light bar up on a three way switch so it can be active with the packers on only or when high beam is activated . That way I can use the light bar as a work light to set up camp.

Attachments

• image-2436777629.jpg
    image-2436777629.jpg
    121.3 KB
Navmania do you have a seller or a name for these brackets? Or do u know if they come in 75mm??

Navmania do you have a seller or a name for these brackets? Or do u know if they come in 75mm??

Yeah mate. Mine are fitted to an ARB Bars top bar.

image-483631017.jpg

That's the seller info. If you can't find them they appear when you search LED light bar in eBay.
Cheers.

HAHAHA maybe i should have done that, i was searching 76mm bar mounts and came up with nothing but then again iv never been good at the computer game, thanks for that appreciated think ill grab a set.

Edit: just bought a pair.

Last edited:
Exelent, i found a pair though via a different seller but the same product for the 3" bar, i did how ever get in contact with that buyer and they said they will have stock in next week.
thanks for the help. appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

Mine came with a harness (that I only used temporarily, but it does work). I removed it and wired things up like this:

Items required:

- some electrical wire in black and some in red. It doesn't need to be heavy cable. You will need ONE piece (perhaps 200mm long) of heavy red cable and you'd be best served by buying a 20A in-line fuse which will have enough wire on both sides to fulfill your needs. It's all explained below. I've put links to the kind of things you need.

- a 12V switch
- a 20A or 30A automotive in-line fuse
- a 30A or 40A automotive relay
- some spade connectors, some ring connectors and a crimping tool to attach these to the wires

Method:
Take a light black wire and connect the ring connector to the end. Attach the ring to a dash mounting bolt inside the cabin near the steering wheel (it may already have a wire connected to it, it's a great source of earth or negative in the cabin). Run this wire to where you want the switch, cut the cable and attach a spade connector to it. Attach this connector to the switch in the middle.

You now want to run another light black wire from the switch through the firewall and out to near the battery. Connect a spade connector to the wire, attach the spade connector to the switch. If you got a double pole switch, make sure you use the same side as the other connector.

On the other end of the cable that you just ran out in the engine bay, attach a spade connector to the cable and put that on terminal number 86 of the relay. That's the hard part done.

Now take a wire (red is okay, blue if you can manage it, it won't be a heavy load on it so size is unimportant). Attach a spade connector to one end, put this on terminal 85 of the relay, and attach the other end to the blue wire that goes to your right-hand headlight (this is the high beam wire). You can strip away a small amount of the wire and solder the new piece in, then use some rescue tape to seal it up. What you have just achieved is restricting the light bar from being used when high beam is on ONLY.

Grab the light bar. It should have a heavy black and a heavy red cable coming from it. Attach the black cable to the battery negative. There's TWO wires to go.

Attach a spade connector to the heavy red wire and connect this to pin 87 of the relay.

Last one: attach one side of the fuse's cable (doesn't matter which) to the battery positive. Attach a spade connector to the other end of the fused wire and join this to terminal 30 of the relay.

Job is done. How you mount the light bar is another thing. I put mine on the top of my bullbar, by welding a couple of small pieces of steel flat-bar to some 75mm exhaust clamps, painting these black and bolting the light bar to these.

Hope that helps.
I havnt yet run any wires for lights and am planning to run some hid spotlights and a led bar when I get the chance. Would this same wiring method be suitable for the both so I know to run two sets of wires from the start when I do get to it?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back