Squeaking cv or hub bearings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just what it sounded like to me. The brake pads don't pull all the way back from the discs when you let go of the pedal.

There's not much else in there that could sound like that, it was a pretty serious sound. Have you inspected the pads, and checked the braking surface for wear?

braking surface looks ok...nothing noticeable...

Tony, when driving it sometimes comes n goes...but when it is squeaking...i hit the brake a few times and didn't notice any squeaking difference... should it?

also i found out if i slow right down to 20km/hr and back up to speed the squeak stops then starts up again later....

pretty confused?!?!?!

Given that it isn't affected by braking then I'd say it isn't, but geez it sounded like metal-on-disc.

It's got me then. The CV boots look like they're in good nick. If something had gotten in to the bearing it could make a noise but that's a strange sound for a bearing unless it's completely shot.

How's the wheel feel when you grab it from outside, top and bottom of the wheel, and push-pull to see if there's any vertical wobble? If there's play there, the bearings are shot.

Ive had little stones stuck in the wrong places before on my liberty, sounds like that. They would get stuck somewhere and rub on the disc i presume. They would usually fall out after a little while though.

BUmp bump! Howdy all-YuuK Nismo did you get this fixed?
Sounds dry to me;) I'm betting by the look of those shafts the grease has finally ran out from where it should be and it's all siting in the boot and just a guess it will be the inner end joints rollers that are dry! How many K's has it done?
Does anyone know what bearings the cv shafts run on- from what I can see in the back of the stub axle it looks like a needle roller set up... can any one confirm this as I need to look at re packing what ever is in there? I noticed on the cv's that they had dark black marks from what looks like grease burn of some sort as it came off using a scotch bright! Dose any one know where in the manual it may be? Cheers Vic

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back