Snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozdog

Reaction score
Well I bit the bullet and bought the genuine one from a southern dealer to suit my new D22 dual battery config. The local dealer[stealer] wanted $800 fitted or a real special price of $495 if I wanted to fit it myself.... I bought the new one for $385 free postage! Does anyone know if Nissan require this to be fitted by a "professional" or can you do it yourself without affecting your warrenty?:adminpower:

i would say you can fit it yourself, or get somone else to.
i cant see how fitting a snorkle will viod your warenty, espically if it is a factory fitted option.

be dam sure they wont cvover any damages due to water injestion regardless if you had a snorkle or not (warenty does not cover any offroading anyway)

(warenty does not cover any offroading anyway)

yes it does
theres a sticker on the back that clearly states 4X4 OFF ROAD

if there is a genuine MANUFACTURING FAULT they have to cover it within reason
for example
if your upper control arm fails it doesnt matter what you were doing its a manufacturing fault
if your injector pump fails while your off roading its covered

as for the snorkel
theres heaps of info on diy snorkel fitting
do a search
if you are handy its not a hard job

Last edited:
Just check the seals as the Nissan snorkels are no longer snorkels as raised air intakes

The reason for the snorkel is to lift the air intake from the wheel arch to cleaner air a previously owned vehicle had the air intake in the wheel arch and after a day on the dirt the filter would be chockers:deadhorse2:

Latest posts

Back