skipping suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streaker

Reaction score
hey guys

as most of you will know the standard suspention in the d40 is shocking, (well mine is anyway).

everytime I hit a little bump or a series of bumps the arse of the car always kicks out and skips around, borderline dangerous speicially when wet..

so im after a new suspention kit.

Im not interested in lifts (a little lift is fine I suppose) or any crazy mods, just a good replacement kit that's gonna keep my tyres on the bitumen.

with so many suspention mobs around I have now idea of wich one to go, cos they all claim to be the best..

any sugestions guys??

new shocks will help. but don't forget they are solid rear axle so they will always skip on bumps a bit. so don't be surprised that it doesn't stop it completely.

they other thing is tires. don't run extremely high tire pressure.

I use "Ultimate" and i have nothing but good things to say about them,
"Dobinson's" stuff is also really good and great prices,
allot of guys on here have also given "Old Man Emu" raps although it is "Monroe" re-badged but apparently to ARB specs
I have read mixed reviews on "Tuff Dog"
any of these will fix your problem i would think, so basically it will come down to what you feel comfortable with especially if your not worried about lift and off road ability.

Last edited:
I've got OME shocks and springs on mine. Yes, the shocks are manufactured by Monroe but that's it - it's ARB's design, ARB's testing.

If your shocks are actually broken it'll stiffen the ride horribly but my experience was that the springs sag and allow the suspension to hit the bump stops a lot = super harsh ride.

If your ride is just hard (as opposed to truly abysmal) then maybe you're just unladen in the tail - throw about 50-100kg in the back and see what it does.

Zordo recomended dobison coils /bluemax rear springs and lovells shocks to me and thats what i did and couldnt be happier 45000kms down the track only thing i would of done different would be heavier rear springs i only put the 300kg in but hey are not quiet heavy enough once the steel tray is loaded up.and im pretty sure it all come in at around $1300 installed by me

Latest posts

Back