saved by wiper fluid

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljacko78

Reaction score
having lived in remote NW Qld for 3 yrs, somthing I was pretty keen on sharing with people was never put detergent in your wiper as if you got stranded, you can drink it (while taking other water with you obviously).

then saw this article today and thought to share:

84-year-old survives five days lost in the desert
An 84-year-old man has survived on windscreen wiper fluid for five days after his car broke down in a desert in the US.

Henry Morello was rescued by campers on February 12 north of Black Canyon City, Arizona, My Fox Phoenix reports.

Mr Morello became lost when he took a wrong turn after stopping for lunch and found himself lost in the desert.

His car battery eventually died and his mobile phone also ran out of charge.

He had no water with him but did have some leftover pasta from lunch, although he decided not to eat it because it made him thirsty.

"Sometimes at night time, I got scared, panicky, a little bit," Mr Morello told My Fox Phoenix.

"I didn't know if they were going to find me or not. I can't walk, so I had to stay there ... I tried to walk away, but I fell down and I had to crawl back."

Mr Morello kept himself warm during the freezing desert nights, with temperatures dropping to 3C, by covering himself with car mats.

He also read the car's instruction manual from front to back to pass time.

He was finally spotted hunched in his car by campers, who walked over and tapped on the window.....

Think I'd rather pack extra water to begin with but each to their own I guess. There's a million similar stories of people drinking the weirdest of liquids just to survive but I'm still voting for take extra and hope you don't need it.

Latest posts

Back