Sand in the engine bay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash81192

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a 2009 D40 auto navara and whenever I take it on the beach I get a lot of sand in the engine bay. The top of the battery is covered with sand as well as throughout the bonnet sound deadener and all over the top of the engine. It's almost like I'm missing inner wheel arch guards or something.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

While I don't take mine on the beach, I do take it on forest and outback tracks where there's often a lot of sand. Never had it land that high in the engine bay.

Checking those inner guards would be the first step, compare it to another one if you can. I have the exact same vehicle and if you could get here past the flood waters I'd be happy to let you compare yours to mine and help you work out why it's happening, but you'll need some serious tyre inflation to get here. They were launching boats on the road to Paterson last night, and the Williams River had burst its banks around Glen Oak cutting us off in that direction too.

Latest posts

Back