replacing brake pads

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo4x4

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm looking at replacing brake pads (D40)...does sound simple enough however do you need to bleed the lines or can i get away with undoing the 2 rear screws and place the caliper on something so the brake line isnt stressed and then replace the pads.

my mate also has a tool to hold the piston in while putting the new pads in...any thing else required?

p.s Tony, im trying new pads to see if the squeaking stops as i sprayed wd40 in the inner rotor and the noise stopped...you could be right!!

I replaced mine after 14,000kms and all I did was push the pistons back and insert the new pads.just be aware how much fluid is in the resevoir as it can overflow when you push the pistons back.

+1 on just pushing the pistons back (don't scuff the disc surface) and +1 on watching the hydraulic fluid reservoir.

It might pay to loosen the lid on the reservoir so that you don't pressurise the fluid chamber - don't leave it like that for long, hydraulic fluid is generally hygroscopic (tends to draw moisture from the air) and this can cause significant problems - lack of braking efficiency and corrosion of braking components.

I am mostly deaf so it's good to know that what little hearing I have isn't too far off the mark!

Alrighty, just wanted to say thanks for those guys helping with the squeaking and info for replacing brake pads.

omg replacing brake pads was surprisingly easy.

Tony it was the brake indicators...just thought the squeaking should always be squeaking hehe learn from experience i suppose

thanks again

Last edited:
Alrighty, just wanted to say thanks for those guys helping with the squeaking and info for replacing brake pads.

omg replacing brake pads was surprisingly easy.

Tony it was the brake indicators...just thought the squeaking should always be squeaking hehe learn from experience i suppose

thanks again

Good to hear that it's fixed, that's excellent.

Now if only more people could provide vids with sound, it'll just be so much easier!

No, as in "Guys, look at this and listen to this sound, what the hell is wrong with it?"

Nismo created this thread which included a video, and from that I thought that HAS to be a brake pad issue.

If everyone vidded their issues we'd have a much easier time figuring out what was wrong with the vehicles!

Latest posts

Back