Remote start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It honestly isn't worth the headache in most instances. I've done a few remote start / remote shut down installs and almost all have been on older cars that weren't too fussed on security.

The Remote start is easy, you need a good kit that has the security in it as well.

Check out the kits from Viper alarms, they're pretty decent in quality - https://www.vipersecurity.com.au/products/security-with-remote-start

Don't get those eBay / Aliexpress specials, too many times have I seen poor soldering inside the units leaving cars useless.

Thanks for the response, not sure how I would find out if that will work with my Navara, did I understand you mentioning that they were relatively easy to install?

Thanks for the response, not sure how I would find out if that will work with my Navara, did I understand you mentioning that they were relatively easy to install?
if you've got some intermediate understanding of wiring in a car, they aren't too hard to install. The kits come with instructions that are generally well laid out.

Some kits require you to leave the transponder part of your key in the car to bypass the factory immobiliser, which then the alarm with remote start will provide the security.

If you've got a soldering iron and a multimeter, that's all that you'll basically need. A wiring diagram of your car will infinitely help.

With my experience on the Navara, I found 10 different guides on wiring in new speakers and not one of those 10 guides had the same colour wiring to help me easily determine +/-

Latest posts

Back