Rear diff probs?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benmiller

Reaction score
So went to get a wheel alignment today and the tire shop told me they could not do it because they could not turn the rear left wheel by hand any ideas why this could be? They said the hand brake was off and i have noticed that when im coming to a set of lights it does not roll up it stops a little faster than it should. Thanks in advance.

G'day

Its probably the brakes not releasing properly. Check the temperature after you have been for a drive.
How long since the brakes have been serviced properly?
How long since the wheel bearings have been greased?

AS above the brakes may be the culprit of its grabbing. So need to be inspected and heat is a good indicator.
If it is your diff I have one for sale if its a d40.

Funny thing I adjusted my rear brakes a week or so ago and didn't take the hubs off to blow any dust out (being lazy=$ as I know now) and one grabbed and locked after a short test drive...

Seems that's all a 260'000k stock L.S.D diff needs to form "what I believe" is a diff/clutch shudder (x2 diff oil changes, no change) ... I will have to do the dreaded 1st 2nd on the stands to be sure, it may be a centre bearing also as I just installed leafs and bushes, air bags h/d clutch kit thr/bearing spigot etc, fr/diff out sump off clean and re seal and replace rear main.. Hey that liquid moly flush is amazing shite indeed..

Sooo I'm thinking diff centre replacement "the eaton e because of the yanky dollar is now $1'600'- danmit!
Tell the truth I don't want to add lines "air or power" but I would rather a 12v switch over air..
..what else is there? I'd like to go detriot but am I right in writing that they don't do any thing for the Nav'...d22

What has doing a wheel alignment got to do with turning the rear wheels? It might seem a silly question but you were getting the front done?

Latest posts

Back