Radio antenna???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundowner2

Reaction score
G'day all, just got my new D40 today, 4x4 Crew cab, bottom of the range RX, it even has rubber mats!!...can anyone tell me where the damned radio antenna is?....reception is woeful and I'd like to upgrade the antenna, if I could only find it!!

Usually on Thai built models there on passenger side front cowling up near the base of the windscreen. Well that is where it should screw on. Maybe the screw on rod antenna is missing.

Tappet, thanks for that, yes I found that little thingie, I figured that might have been for an external mobile antenna...it has a little plug that screws in....so does the radio antenna screw into here?...so what does it use now?....and what sort of antenna would screw in?...a short flexible type?...would they be efficient?
Thanks.

Yeah Thai modles is where Tappet said. Insaying that never had any troble with the reception is the SES RX

I have the same thing, I bought a 2011 D40 ST dual cab and only have the screw in plug, what aerial should I get for living in a country town? (Wagga Wagga NSW)

Seems strange the car has been sold with the antenna base (screw type) but no antenna element / whip.

I would be calling the Dealership and asking what's the go with the cars Antenna element / whip whereabouts, would seem strange it is not included as standard equipment with a new car.

My Thai 2011 ST is the same as RX came with a long whip, Id be asking Nissan for it..

Attachments

• whip1.jpg
    whip1.jpg
    111.3 KB
  • whip.jpg
    whip.jpg
    119.2 KB
More cost cutting i thought the 22 had that with only one door light switch at least it has an aeriel tell your dealer to order in two one for him to fit to the nav and one for his personal enjoyment simple mistakes like this should not happen in this competitive market.

Ok just re-read the original post if the vehicle is new just tell the dealer it should be a straight forward warranty job. Maybe they remove the antenna for shipping/transport.

Even if it's not brand new the dealer should give you one.

Latest posts

Back