quick questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockyboy

Reaction score
Hi Guys please help

i would like to ask a few quick questions i am new to 4x4 so please bare with me.
i have the 2.5 d40 i got it through buisness you have to get a ute best thing i done getting the navara. i was reading looking on you tube that the under carriage of the car is lower than other vehicles so i got

2 inch lift 50mm spacers and shackles for the back shockers took of factory ones.
and got tyres, maxxis lt265/75r16 still 16inch rims.
mate of mine makes bash plates so getting this next week

dont understand what is it that make undercarriage bigger more lift of the ground what can i do or get car chassis of the ground. see i would like to go to mundaring powerlines perth wa, seems i can only do the chicken tracks:suicide2:

jock
i am the navara on the left of pic

Attachments

• oor poor wee ute in beside all the big 4X4 lol.jpg
    oor poor wee ute in beside all the big 4X4 lol.jpg
    63.5 KB
mate i would be careful with using extended shackles and stuff like that as a lift kit. the springs in the d40 are soft and will give way very quickly, so you are gonna be up for a new set of springs anyway. if your wanting height there is always the 5" lift option but then you add bigger rubber and stuff liek that. the only realy way to get the undercarraige off the ground is to fit taller rubber and a lift kit. bashplates are a must. i havea a d22 had my plates for a day and they saved my bacon a few times when hanging with the patrol crew on one wknd.

im sure someone will fill you in better,

Rusty

If you want to get the chassis higher then you can do that two ways, one is to put a bigger lift, monster rides are doing a three inch and calmini do a five inch lift. Then with the extra height you will be able to run bigger tyres.

If you just want more clearance under the diff then the only thing that will do that is tyres. The catch is that to run bigger tyres you will need more clearance around the guards. Some people are doing this by both 2'inch suspension lift and a 1-2inch body lift, but the body lift on its own wont change the chassis height, it will give you better approach and departure angles. Just remember that with bigger tyres you will effect the gearing, use more fuel and have less power and put more strain on the cv's and diff.

Mate I'm running 2" efs lift and have almost got the wife convinced of 1-2" bodylift. Bodylift only brings the body higher not the chassis. But have taller tires to bring the diff up and chassis.

Latest posts

Back