qd32 automatic to manual conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qd32simpson

Reaction score
good day everyone!

help please! just joined the site and hoping to to find some answers.
i have an incomplete nissan qd32 engine that came off from a nissan elgrand, 2 wheel drive automatic transmission. its was previously controlled by a computer box but previous owner attempted to convert it to a mechanical injection pump but was not able to succeed. I already had the mechanical injection pump overhauled and ready for installation and testing. also, the plan is to convert the auto trans into a manual 4x4 trans. (also, the plan is to drop the engine and trans to a ford explorer). question is, will my goal be possible? has anyone done this? here are some of the issues: the auto trans is already separated from the engine but the torque converter is still attached and unbolted to the engine. i attempted to remove or unbolt the torque converter but realized that the same was welded to the flywheel/flexplate, how do you unbolt the torque converter from the engine? another question, can i test run the engine with the torque converter since it is welded to the flywheel/flexplate?

in this kind of conversion, what other issues do i have to be concerned with?

i guess i will be asking tons and tons of questions but this is all for now. :cheers!::cheers!:

thanks in advance! simpson

Latest posts

Back