Power drop (limp mode) after small bump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was heading to the Doc yesterday, pulled off the road to let a few cars past and came off the bitumen onto the verge, there must of been about a 2" drop onto the dirt (small bump) and after that the ute went into "limp mode", it is a 2 week old D40 that has only done 1600kms. i called Nissan Northam (where i got it) and they say that there is a sensor that is stuffed and needed to be replaced......... has anyone else had this problem or have i just got a 40k$ lemon??

Youll be right mate its the (EGT) Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor, Nissan had to get another one made in Japan they call this Series(B) sensor i went through it all had to wait 3 weeks car sat in Dealership while it was being made in Japan this was early last year. there should be heaps available now thought . Shut car down and restart, that will reset it for a while- they will replace under warranty. Mines done 20,000km since no prob

Cheers

Thanks for that, i took it to the dealer Yesterday and they couldnt say sorry enough times, im glad to hear that it is not an isolated problem, but also easily fixed.

Latest posts

Back