Powdercoating - How Much $$

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch92

Reaction score
G'day. Just wondering how much people would think powdercoating of a toolbox would coast. Only the outside NEEDS it, the inside i dont particularly care about. It is an undertray alloy checkerplate toolbox, dimensions 600Lx250Wx400H. Would only need it done in plain white to match the tray.

Mitch

Will be brand new, straight out of box to the sandblasters. Want it done for looks, not for rust reasons

Get the inside done too and file large chamfers/radius on all the edges, powder/paint wont stick to a sharp edge, it can chip and rust quickly from the edges in.

Last edited:
Get the inside done too and file large chamfers/radius on all the edges, powder/paint wont stick to a sharp edge, it can chip and rust quickly from the edges in.

Put pinchweld (Clark Rubber) on the edges and it will look schmicko and help to avoid chipping the paint too.

Hmm, my experience with powder coating has been less than satisfactory. 100 pieces of A4 size gal plate in white. 50% had bubbles on them which made them far less than ideal for recieving a stick on sign.

My 2c is to ask around and find someone who has performed a similar job to someones satisfaction.

I've got some alloy wheels that are chrome at the mo (starting to flake off the inside) which I want to powder coat black, will the powder coating mob do all the prep as well or do I need to get it done first?
Can the plastic centre caps from the wheels be powder coated or do I need to spray them to match?

Sorry if off topic

Latest posts

Back