Possible injector fail...? Not sure...?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace of spades

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive recently clocked over 150k on my 05 zd30 single cab hardbody, totally stocko besides lift, bullbar and canopy, always serviced at 5k intervals (my self since 90k) never missed a beat, did have a sticky lifter one time only on start up then dissapeared after engine off then a quick restart
After reading some horror stories out there I decided at last service to remove the intake and was shocked by the sludge build up, although it didnt seem to track to far down into the manifold itself I cleaned it out and installed a catch can, boost gauge and pod filter leaving the temp sensor sitting in the air tunnel before the filter cannister, the pod sat just inside cannister.i ran the truck and it sounded great, was and is getting good boost 15psi, could really hear the turbo sucking.
had to go west for work so threw the old filter back in, to be sure no dirt n crap would get in, about an hr down the road it started making a real thumping noise, sounded kind of turbo exhaust like, since then iv done fuel filter (pretty clean) to eliminate bad fuel, chromolly engine detox, new oil, filters, rad fluid incase I pushed some shit through the intake (seems possible now I think of it by cleaning, then extra suck from the pod) the sound has changed a bit but is still there. I have checked the intake spindle on the turbo for damage or bad bearings all seems fine no burn or waxing marks
Im having the lifters checked this morning but am not convinced itll change anything (trying to start with the easy stuff)
Any ideas or similar symptoms any imput is kindly appreaciated, cheers guys, I have owned the truck since new and this new noise is def not good...

How'd you go mate ?

Your Injectors should be still good as long as you have run decent quality fuel through it.

Latest posts

Back