Port and Polish TURBO?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawry

Reaction score
Hey guys

I was thinking of doing some basic porting on my turbo.
was planning on matching exhaust manifold flange to turbo manifold flange, polishing all internals, increasing actuator port slightly and smoothing any large lips around the actuator and exhaust wheel ports.

The main aim is to drop/slow EGT during heavy load/ high rpm.

also the cons can be slower spool time when the actuator port diameter is increased... however a boost controller can counter act some of this...

Anyone experimented with this?

Cheers Matt

Last edited:
never played with diesel turbos but i wouldnt waste your time with the actuator only needs to be done on big psi cases where the wasegate cant get rid of enough excess exhaust gas. well if ive taken what you mean correctly by "actuator"
would probly only get small gains by doing the manifold but would be interesting to see the results

I'd prefer to have a custom air intake manifold and exhaust extractors made up. Something with matched lengths of piping for each. And the dump-pipe of the back of the turbo to have a divider partway down it then a slightly bulbous section for where the excess turbo pressure and exhaust gases mix.

Then a port and polish of the whole darn lot.

The obvious reason is to make the air as easy as possible to get in and out of the engine.

your right and im running 18psi but this still isn't considered high.
might just leave the actuator gind out.. still do the housing but not the port.
Im looking at around 30-50 degree c.
i have a chip with a 650 ex manifold limit it can reach that without to much drama plus i have all the EGR blocks, intercooler, exhaust etc but just for those long climbs i would like to delay the 650 mark before the chip cuts out as there's a decent drop in momentum.

Im also throwing together an custom intercooler ram air kit + intercooler spray kit which might help. (sprays on surface of cooler)
i'll do that first then consider the porting.
Still its an easy job once the turbo is out.

i would love to port/polish the whole head and make up a set of tuned free flowing extractor... but im not way near that level of expertise.

you can match the ports to the manifold and the manifold to the turbo.
you probably won't see any gains tho.

compressor side of the turbo is more important. changing compressor and housing will make a far bigger difference.

Latest posts

Back