Plasti Dip Navara Tub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent009

Reaction score
Has anyone used plasti dip to do their tub on their ute? Does it hold up or are ute tubs not meant for this?

I know some people dip their entire cars in this stuff so I'm thinking about giving it a crack. Can do it myself for around $100

i wouldn't.
i just plastidipped my sports bar, and scrapes of every time you touch or bump it. your fingernail will just peel it straight off.
appears it's only good for something you look at but don't touch!

Nah, no abrasion resistance. I tried it on the top box lid of my motorbike and it worked okay, but it marked up pretty bad when the Mrs was riding with me.

The clear coat on my driving lights is starting to look daggy, so I'm thinking of giving them a coat with Plasti-Dip as they are pretty well protected. Just for something different....

Thanks gents.

I'm surprised that people dip their entire car then!

I was going to get Rhino spray but budget not allowing for it right now. My tub has A LOT of scratches in it (bought it off a brickie) so I was thinking of Plasti Dip just an interim. However, based on the replies I won't bother. Might just spray it with black paint as an interim solution.

You can get the tubliner kits (can't recall the brand - hippo liner???) off the 'net for DIY application. You can spray on, or use the textured roller that comes with the kit. With a little prep have seen great results, and tough as.

The reason paint their whole car is basically a quick and dirty colour change. If you dont like it you just peel it off and your good to go. Wheels are also very popular but again your dont really get any protection at all

Is this the stuff they dip tool handles in?
Useless in my opinion. Takes months to dry and peels off very easily, even years later.
Also picks up every bit of dirt, etc.

I'd say it's just a textured paint with a consistency like latex. It is INTENDED to be easy to remove, but also dries very, very quickly.

Latest posts

Back