Notchy gear change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza63

Reaction score
I have a 2008 D40 Spainish built and it is very notchy to go into gear at times especially 1st gear. I have had a new clutch installed but it still the same. I was wondering if it could be the plastic dome thing on the end of gear stich that moves selectors. No idea has anyone else had the same issue. I really hoped new clutch would rectify it but no.
Thanks for any help you might give.
Daz

first thing i would look at is oil. what oil are you using?
the other would be the pilot bearing, i would assume that was changed with the clutch.
its not a bad idea to lube the selector bush, should be pretty easy to get to. also lube the gear lever pivot point.

first thing i would look at is oil. what oil are you using?
the other would be the pilot bearing, i would assume that was changed with the clutch.
its not a bad idea to lube the selector bush, should be pretty easy to get to. also lube the gear lever pivot point.
Thanks Ill look at those things the type of oil Im not sure of. But the rest I can do will try it. Occassionally it isnt too bad after it warms up but then goes back to the notchy feeling.
I appreciate the reply.
Thanks tweak'e:

Latest posts

Back