Non Dealer Servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
The Nav has 40,000 on the clock and still has life left in the old warranty yet!

However, the dealer, last time, did a real slack a$$ job of the service, so I'm looking for alternatives.

There's a place just up the road that has a dyno, is pretty neat & tidy and seems pretty professional. My thinking is, if they have a dyno, they must be switched on, not everyone has a dyno. I know that doesn't guarantee quality work, but I believe it shows something more than the average garage.

Anyway, my question is, do/can non Nissan garages hook the Nav up to a computer to read it's 'codes' or can only Nissan shops access that info and interpret it?? And in fact, is that what they do at a service these days, hook 'em up everytime and see what the computer says???

I have no idea.

Thank you all.

My mech doesn't have a dyno and he works on engines bigger and more expensive than mine.

But on the idea of code readers anyone with a code reader can read any error codes but not all mechanics will have the ability. On the flip side they probably don't all need to. If there has been no issues with the car why would you assume error codes need checking, mine hasn't reported an error in nearly 3 years so even if my mech could check the codes it wouldn't have changed anything.

Some may argue that only Nissan mech can update the ECU but until such time it's proven that ECU updates are required, essential or even helpful it's not even a case of going to them just for that. If you trust the bloke down the road more than you trust Nissan, there is no reason not to let him play with it.

Latest posts

Back