No Cat, no Muffler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
Got the 40 booked in to have a few items removed next week.

Anyone running without a cat and muffler? Wondering how noisey it is???

I know what you're saying, but if you only gut the cat, how would anyone ever know it has no innards? You'de have to disassemble it.

Thanks for the info. :)

gutting is the better option but keep in mind this will add rasp to the noise. Easily to tell.

If you are going to gut it run a pipe through it as this will improve flow aswell

Well the cat and muffler are gone.

The thing I noticed the most is the increase in diesel exhaust pong. The 40 now smells more like a diesel, like a real truck now, that cat must have worked.

Second thing is probably that it's more responsive to throttle at low speeds.

Third, I think turbo lag is very slightly reduced.

Fourth, it's a little more 'droney' than before, but still very quiet, which is great, I'm past noisey vehicles. Still no turbo whistle.

The verdict. I think the 40 has benifitted from the change, not in a huge way, not as great as I was hoping but I'm fairly sure it's an improvement.

Would I recommend it? If your muffler is burnt out and needs replacing, yep, don't replace the muffler, just put some pipe in. What about the cat? I don't know, I'll leave that up to you.

Latest posts

Back