Nissan navara P7-fuel injection timing control system

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys wondering if you can help?
I have the above fault and am tearing my hair out at the moment.
We fitted new fuel pump 8 weeks ago with no issues, customer has had vehicle for 6 weeks without issue.
He brought the vehicle back into us 2 weeks ago as engine management light on with sudden dying of the vehicle when warmed up or on longer journeys.
This is the continuing fault code, we have fitted 2 exchange pumps now and fault still exists!
Any thoughts at all?
Would be most grateful
Cheers
Rob

I'm guessing its ZD30. I had i quick look through the manual and there are a few things that will bring that code up, If you have had 2 pumps on it and it still plays up i reckon its safe to say that isnt the problem most likely an electrical fault i'll list what the manual says to check, it might point you in the right direction hopefully

-Disconnect the electronic fuel pump harness with the ignition off,
turn the ignition on and check the voltage between Pin 7 and earth it should be battery voltage

-Check harness connections and ECM relay for short to earth or power

-Check for continuity between the electronic fuel pump control pin 6 and earth, continuity should exist

-Check for continuity between these terminals
Fuel pump pin 1 and ECM pin 33
Fuel pump pin 2 and ECM pin 40
Fuel pump pin 5 and ECM pin 52
Fuel pump pin 8 and ECM pin 53
They should have continuity

Hopefully that will give you something to work with, :)

most common cause of that error is air being sucked into fuel line. clear hose on the pump outlet will show it. common places are filter, water tap, primer pump and spill line.

the other is fuel restriction. vacuum gauge on the fuel line will show it, should be no more that 3"hg at idle. low vacuum will mean air is being sucked in or the IP isn't drawing fuel up like it should. high vac of course is blockage.
theres no filter in the tank so something can float around in there and block the pipe.

Thanks everyone who posted, we found out the customer had 2nd hand tank fitted about 1 week before fault developed so removed today and started from tank working towards fuel pump primer blowing out and fitting jubilee clips at every joint instead of standard fittings. took it out twice today fault has gone! I've uploaded this as suggested people have suggested air in fuel lines, blockage etc. This has definitely fixed the car and as it turns out was not related to the new pump we fitted after all.
Many thanks to those who replied as always when someone makes the effort forums work.
Cheers
Rob.

no offense to InlineGarageservices as i've seen the same thing many times over (including on my own at the mo) but this really does highlight the complete lack of diagnostic skills.
just because its running after blowing out lines and fitting clips does not prove the fault was there.

i've seen the issue in other industries. we call the techs "part changes". they simply change parts until the problem is gone or until you have a completely new car/computer/etc.
a real tech would trace the fault back to the exact cause and repair accordingly.

Latest posts

Back