Newbie saying hi and child anchor point pics and then make it a sticky :)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qqc d22

Reaction score
Hi I just got my self a new d22 and have been going through this forum flat out, very informative and has some great info. One thing i havent been able to find is a picture or pictures of child restrant points installed. i think this would help a lot of people myself included.

everyone i talk to wants to put some poxy bit of sheet metal from the back wall to the roof over the window. its bolted to wall then 1/8 rivets x2 into the roof. It seems dodgy as feck to me and dont want aa poxy bit of metal over the window.

i cant see why a high tensile bolt plated on either side through the back wall will not sufffice. I have been told its because the rear seats are not load rated (fair enough) but how are 2 1/8 rivets load rated ffs

anyway extremly long story finished lol any pictures would be much appreciated and i think a decent thread with pics would be a good sticky.

cheers in advance Dale

Dale, welcome to the forum.

It does sound like a good idea as the question about child restraints comes up a fair bit.

Just wondering if there was a sticky with photos etc & if what is posted is not technically correct, is there a potential legal issue if somebody is injured?

I don't know the answer, just throwing it out there.

Gday mate, hows it going....welcome...

sorry cant help as I've not need to worry about it... however, there is numerous postings on the subject .

Cheers guys there are numerous postings but they dont have a lot of info or pics. as for legal issues i think it would just need to be stated that it needs to be complianced by the proper people that would then cover anything legal.

Would love some pics before i go punch holes through my ute in an hours time if anybody is sitting round with some spare time :)

The issue of compliance while probably valid for insurance reasons is more than likely very highly scrutinized if done by a home mechanic, but probably has more to do with peace of mind than anything else.

Yeah we can look at such things as nannying and governments being over protective but seriously just how much is worth risking when it comes to the safety of a kid who has little ability to protect themselves in the event of an accident.

From what I have heard RACV authorised mechanics charge between $170 and $220 to put a proper anchor point into any dual cab, they aren't the cheaper ebay version that uses a floor to roof pillar they are genuine anchor points. Like so many jobs they aren't overly taxing but worth the risk? Well only you can answer that but there is some things I wont risk despite having the ability to make such things.

There is quite a few people on here who have had them done properly but I am unaware of any pics. And welcome to the forum.

In my day it was drill a hole in the parcel shelf and bolt it in. But like a lot of things in life there is safer ways for things to be done, if I had to do it now I wouldnt hesitate to pay someone for piece of mind

Dunno about peace of mind, its more having to pay for a "qualified" person to fit and compliance them. It doesn't mean they are going to do a better job than what you can do at home. In saying that, the points they use are better than the ones you get with a baby seat. They would also know where the points have to be fitted, etc.

Well i did it today :) have a 12mmbolt with 5mm plates either side and have also fitted a more substancial catch to hold the back of the seat in place in the event of a huge crash. i didnt do it myself to save a buck i did it myself as the way they wanted to do it seemed far from safe or the best way imo. i will still pay to get what ive done mod plated and am confident an engineer will sign off on it. ill try to get some pictures up for those interested in the next few days.

Hi,

I just bought a D22. I got a child restraint point installed by a licenced installer. They give you a QLD transport modification form to keep in the car. Let me know if you want some photos of the installation.

Latest posts

Back