Newbie and in need of advise, help me - please!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fran

Reaction score
Hey out there heres my story so far (I am not a very technical person so bear with me here!) bought a Nissan Navara sport 2.5di on an 05 plate with a D22 engine - paperwork supplied for a recon engine fitted, got an MOT and full service on purchase (no warranty), 4 weeks later engine destroyed itself various opinions were that it was the 3rd piston anyway to cut a long story short the company who fitted recon had folded, after the shock had subsided i found somewhere whod do another recon it came back running but with leaking power steering and water coming from some part of the engine, they sent a mechaninc out to fix it, 2 days later the blow bottle has oil in it and so does the radiator, are these initial 'teething' problems or have i been stiched up?? Any help would be much appreciated...

Any pics of the damage.

Those UK spec D22's (YD25 Non CRD) were prone for big end failure's, quite often throwing conrods thru the side of the block, you can't regrind the crank on the YD25. Heard heaps of the UK guys have said that.

Australia never got that crap spec YD25, the newer versions aren't much better. This time around its timing chain failure's.

www.nissan-Navara.net is the best place for your drama mate as most of Aussies know bigger all about the regular failure's in the D22.

We only got the ZD30 out here until 2008, then the YD25 CRD was fitted to Aussie spec D22's.

Hang around and enjoy the forum, but like I said. On the YD25 non CRD issue, that other forum is your best bet.

Good luck with the truck, hope you get out of it cheap.

That and we don't have the same consumer laws as over there so can't really advise on what your next move might be re: warranties ect.

Cheers for your replies! We've dumped water cleaned out radiator and blow bottle and no more oil has appeared yet, after speaking to people who fit the recon engine they said it could have been from before and a careless mechanic (dont know if this is rubbish though??) not done required mileage for first service yet, just cocerned theyve put a jacket in and bodged it.

Latest posts

Back