Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
hi all i just brought a 2005 navara str with only 63 000 kms on the clock. i am really happy with the fuel economy and being a sand groper i have had it on the beach allready letting the tyres down to 18 psi it just cruised along nicely.
was just wondering if any one had any good service tips. being a mech fitter my self i want to save money by doing it my self. besides the usual oil, filter and fuel and air filter is there anything else i should be doing? and also is there any cheap mods i could do?
cheers

Welcome to the forums Ryan.

Not sure what you should be doing but bumping this thread to the top might get some fresh eyes for those in the know about STR's. In the meantime you could download the service manual from the D22 section and then if there is any jobs people suggest you can see how to do them.

hi all i just brought a 2005 navara str with only 63 000 kms on the clock. i am really happy with the fuel economy and being a sand groper i have had it on the beach allready letting the tyres down to 18 psi it just cruised along nicely.
was just wondering if any one had any good service tips. being a mech fitter my self i want to save money by doing it my self. besides the usual oil, filter and fuel and air filter is there anything else i should be doing? and also is there any cheap mods i could do?
cheers

rotate tyres every 5000km, also i like to spray a bit of silicone spray over and into the rear leaves to quiet them up and also i reckon it slows the rust on them. cheap but i think important mods are egr block and extend rear diff breather. only other tip i can think of is have a small tin of black killrust to touch up scraps, stone chips etc underneath to prevent surface rust. Takes only few minutes and its worth the look under there every now and then to keep her tidy. Rust is pretty easy to prevent if you just keep it clean and tidy.

Welcome mate. You've picked up a nice ride there mate. They are pretty good on the sand, just gotta remember to power through the turns or she'll just understear on ya. And make sure you give it a thorough hosing off underneath when you get off the beach including inside the chassis. The sand builds up everywhere and packs in thick.

Latest posts

Back