New dual cab's coming out

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Heard a rumour from a couple of people that Toyota Argentina are bringing out V8Diesel Hilux's.
Also that Mercedes are bringing out Dual Cab G-Wagen utes.

Anyone know anything about these? The G-Wagen would be awesome but would have to cost the earth

VW are bringing one out soon, doesn't look like a bad vehicle. Will wait and see how it drives though, only has a 2.0L twin turbo diesel engine - but VW may surprise me as they tend to make good, smooth power out of little engines

going by the rest of vw car's and van's u will be broke from servicing cost's by about 30,000's it to will have a stupid clutch worth $3300 like the vito and brake's god u wont want to press the the pedal as normaly you have to replace both rotor and pad

going by the rest of vw car's and van's u will be broke from servicing cost's by about 30,000's it to will have a stupid clutch worth $3300 like the vito and brake's god u wont want to press the the pedal as normaly you have to replace both rotor and pad

Not much different to a D40 then:sarcastic:

d40'S BRAKES ?

I hardly ever use them .... so no problem or complaint from this D40 owner ...

LOL

wondering how long it would take someone to bring a v8 model out. i thought it would have been petrol one before a diesel but diesel is taking off in the new car market.

I'm with Woody, no complaints about the brakes in my D40, that's what the car in front is for.

Hey I've gotten used to the D40 brakes now but first few drives it was life someone else said on another thread...it was real spongy.

Anyway is this the VW Amarok that you guys are talking about?
Volkswagen-Amarok-1.jpg

I like this one here, wonder if would ever become real in Australia.. i like Wagons!
VW-Amarok_kombi_big.jpg

That will be the Anorak they are talking about, it's been talked about for a long time though.

I've seen a couple of them kicking around Sydney, must be dealers advertising cars unless they are already out. Don't look bad from the front, back looks like a rodeo, can't see a 2litre motor doing the job though, that being said the transporter 2.0l TD is pretty good (was empty though)

I too am a little suspect wheither or not a 2L will handle the job considering the ute is slightly bigger than a D40 but other than that looking at the specs for the NZ one due here in the next month or so I'll definitely have to look closely when it's time to up grade as we aren't getting the V6 diesel D40 at this stage.

Prices for NZ models are
Top spec 4x4 $62,000nz and 2wd $49,500nz

Lower spec 4x4 $56,800nz and 2wd $43,00nz.

Attached is NZ spec sheet and a interior pic from sales brochure.

Attachments

• brochure1.pdf
    249.3 KB
  • brochure2.pdf
    243.9 KB
I read review on the Amarok, the test driver reported it had worse turbo lag than than a D40!

Saw this comment on another site, seems everyone is talking about the VW hooded jacket.

Regardless of what Marketing ploy VW decide to go with. Great Wall will sell more utes than VW...

Be interesting to see the figures 12 months after it's release and see whether GW has sold more utes than VW because there is quite a few GW's on the road these days, even saw one the other day with what looked like a D22 bullbar on it.

Latest posts

Back