New D40 st manual

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoj

Reaction score
Hey Im new to the forum last couple weeks ive been reading and searching the net about reviews and faults on the 2011 D40 navara st dual cab.

Seems like the faults experienced on older models have been fixed can anyone confirm this for me im looking at a brand new 2011 series 5 navara D40 dual cab st manual in sydney australia.

Next thing
Price!!!!
what should i pay for a stock series 5 navara D40 dual cab st manual?

And

what should i pay for series 5 navara D40 dual cab st manual, with bull bar, canopy with roof racks, towbar, tub liner, scuff plates, tinted windows and floor mats

Am i better off getting these extras after i get the navara or with it. or any of these parts not worth getting?

i look forwards to your replies.

i paid 32.5k for a back series IV D40 man ST in November last year during a runout sale. If its last years plate you maybe able to crack abit more off but its not going to be much.

i paid 32.5k for a back series IV D40 man ST in November last year during a runout sale. If its last years plate you maybe able to crack abit more off but its not going to be much.

i dont see the dealer giveing it to me that cheap. Maybe $35 000 Im guessing even that is pushing it but i am gona try hard

If anyone has bought one in the last year can you let me know what you paid and what extras you got for it im very curious how much i can push the dealer.

Welcome to the forum.

For your accessories, I'd get a spray-on liner, not the plastic insert. The insert is good, don't get me wrong - but it collects dirt, dust, sand and water under it, abrading the paint and allowing rust to form in the tub itself. The spray-on liner will avoid that problem completely - go for a name brand like Rhino, some of the self-applied ones are way, way too thin to be effective.

Bullbar, tinted windows, tow pack, canopy can all be sourced from the dealer. Expect to pay a fair bit more than if you did them elsewhere (example, ARB). I think the ARB bullbar might be a little better (even though the Nissan bar is made by ARB) because in the ARB-branded bar, you can get foglights built in, where the Nissan one excludes these and there have been occasions where I wouldn't have minded these.

If you are going to tow anything with this, I would recommend getting the auto. Nissan are still using dual mass flywheels and these unfortunately cause the clutch to burn quickly if you ride it for any length of time, particularly with a load. Other manufacturers are doing the same.

How did you get it for that price???????

I did the signage at all the Nissan dealers around Aus when they were giving all the dealerships a face lift so i got to know a few dealer principles and yard managers.

The best deal i could find in march 2011 on a Dec built 2010 ST, was 36k, and that was $1000 cheaper then advertised.
I rang and went into dealers from ACT, Mossvale, Campbeltown, liverpool, Newcastle, and finally i got the best deal from Penrith no one else even come close.....

So back to the question how did you get that deal??? was it a demo??? with low km?????
:sorry3: Because i just find that hard to believe???

So last saturday i went shopping for a navara took one for a test drive sat down inside at the dealer ship sales guy goes hell just grab some papers and hell be back 10min later he comes back and goes ok heres the price and shows me a print out saying $50 000 + 495 for metalic paint. I looked over at my girlfriend and started laughing they gave me that price after i told him ive done my research and told him i knew what i was buying even telling him this is a series 6 im after series 5 when he showed me the closest navara to him. So he went over to hes manger and spoke with him comes back with a news paper article saying 36 980 series 5 navara at demo prices. I told him i was only willing to pay $35 500 argued this price for 30min before i walked out the dealership. Went to other dealerships dont have colour wont budge on price. went back to them as there was hints they would do it for $36 000 they said that was this morning price isnt there anymore $36 500 is the price. So best the offered me was 36 500 with tints mats and weather shields. i walked out again

Got a phone call yesterday (Sunday) saying hows your car hunting going they said this is the best deal i said throw in bonnet protector aswell and i might do it he said hell speak to the manager and call me back i havent heard from him i think he wants me to chase but im gona sit and wait no hurry for me even if i wait till next yr sale.

So is that a reasonable price to pay?

I should point out i hates car sales men

i personally think this is still a bit overpriced. they basically had it at slightly above market price and you basically negotiated a little bit which in my opinion is back to evens with most of those series navaras out there. if you want to save 2-4k go for long drives, look in the paper, on the internet, car auctions and dealerships/private and you will save lots.

I've been looking for a navara for 4 months, missed out on a few good ones but thats why u have to be quick and have the effort to go to country dealerships as most people won't. so there lies the best way to get a better deal on a quality navara.

:D

thats way overpriced, I brought a brand new st auto in November of 2011 for 39K, with tow bar, bonnet protector and headlight protector. FYI they haven't fixed the problems with the manual they still have a lot of problems with the dual mass flywheel, trust me take the auto for a spin and you won't look back I didn't

Latest posts

Back