Navara ST Manual 4X4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Laing

Reaction score
Good day All

New to the forum and seriously considering buying a new 2012 ST 4X4 manual.
Anyone aware of any issues or can offer advice on these units?
Thank you
Mike

agreed! search clutches on here and you may well need CPR! lol!

also, if you have the means, go the ST-X, the V6TD is sensational! there were some awesome deals going around, a mate bought a new STX from melbourne for 43k late last year, drove it here and with reg and stamps ended up around 46k, i paid 47 for my ST, needless to say, I was spewing!

Welcome to the forum.

Early 2012 models had a dual mass flywheel which cooked the shit out of the clutches. Nissan were supposed to change to a single mass flywheel in late 2012 - but I've not heard that this has happened.

If you're going to do any towing, get the auto. In 4LO, the auto does 4WDing just as well as any manual. The auto does cost a little more than the manual, but it's worth not having the clutch issues.

If you CAN spring for a V6 then do it. Absolute powerhouse, gently press the accelerator and be surprised how fast it gets to 100km/h.

I got my 2012 nav for 40k no abn and my idea was if the clutch go's I will just put a single mass flywheel for an extra 1800 bucks, That means it will of costed 42k, I got 98,000ks out of my last 06 D40 before a clutch change and i tow some good loads, Then there's my girlfriend's 08 D40 which has done no work and did a clutch at 56000ks so i guess it's 50/50 lol

I have a manual 2012 ST and reckon its goes pretty good. The clutches on most of these new utes are shithouse anyway. A mate of mine only got 40,000 out of his hilux clutch then had to replace again at 100, 000!!

I think the take home message is if you are going to be towing a lot then go the auto but if you aren't then the manual should be ok. Just don't ride it like a wanker and it should be fine.

I have a manual 2012 ST and reckon its goes pretty good. The clutches on most of these new utes are shithouse anyway. A mate of mine only got 40,000 out of his hilux clutch then had to replace again at 100, 000!!

I think the take home message is if you are going to be towing a lot then go the auto but if you aren't then the manual should be ok. Just don't ride it like a wanker and it should be fine.
I brought that issue up with 3 toyota dealers and they all claimed to know nothing about their clutches getting replaced in droves... one told it will be good for the life of the car lol, I said yea maybe if your someone who trades cars every 2 years.

I brought that issue up with 3 toyota dealers and they all claimed to know nothing about their clutches getting replaced in droves... one told it will be good for the life of the car lol, I said yea maybe if your someone who trades cars every 2 years.

Not surprising, Nissan dealers are no better.

Latest posts

Back