Navara recall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Krankin

Nissan to recall 30000 navaras for cracking in the chassis rails broadcast on the radio this morning.

Happy days.

According to carsguide that's just the towbar recall. I still say that's a fault of the dealerships fitting the wrong bars and not Nissan but hey doomsayers will no doubt be screaming the death of the entire Nissan brand.

Do a google search for d40 recall, there is a carsguide article (I haven't got the link right now). Says something about aftermarket bars being in line for the recall but I don't remember all of it because it doesn't effect me.

They will still inspect it free of charge buy if its cracked you will need to pay for repairs as its non genuine...

We've actually known about it for a little while, which might be a surprise.

It only affects "genuine tow hitches" but that REALLY means that it affects Hayman Reese substandard hitches that HR sells to the dealers for a lower price so the dealer can have even more margin. They've lifted their game now and only sell the one kind of hitch so genuine = decent HR hitch.

When I bought mine, I was told that the "genuine" hitch was a Hayman Reese hitch made more cheaply and badged with a Nissan sticker but since I wanted to use a weight distribution hitch it would over-stress the chassis because of the inadequate mount.

So in reality the problem is not caused by Nissan, it's caused by Hayman Reese and the dealers being douche-bags trying to make a faster buck.

There's so little GOOD information out there about towing. It's also hard to get that info out to people who don't have a problem already - most people sign up to the forum after they've had an issue and started Googling for an answer, run into this place, start reading and realise the value to be found. By then it's sometimes (or maybe often?) too late.

So in reality the problem is not caused by Nissan, it's caused by Hayman Reese and the dealers being douche-bags trying to make a faster buck.

Exactly what I reckon. What I do wonder is what the cost difference between the two are which could go a ways to explaining why some dealers have used the lesser one. I remember when I was shopping for mine I had different dealers give prices between $400 and $880 for the 'genuine 3 tonne towbar'. (TJM wanted $350).

Of course all prices are bullshit on extras but the dealer who offered the best deal was also the 'cheapest' towbar which had me wondering when I first read about this recall. Yet after getting screwed around by the local guy when I rang the guy I brought it off he said without hesitation that the bar was fine and no work would be required.

Had to do the recall check anyway but obviously he knew which bars they were fitting and having sold the car was fairly confident they hadn't introduced the issue.

Latest posts

Back