Navara D40 V6 petrol

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smsoa

Reaction score
My navara keeps randomly shutting down with no warning, iv had it plugged into and no active faults are showing but iv found if you just try and start it it will just keep turning over and doesn't fire but if you turn it off and remove key and then return key and go to start it it will fire and not miss a beat, this can happen 5-8 times a day or not happen for weeks :-/

G'day Mate and welcome to the forum. It doesn't hurt say g'day first and then....

On your problem just having a guess but not a wild one. It may be something to do with the Nissan Anti theft system. Perhaps for some reason, the receiver that is near the steering column is not seeing the key so it will shut down. Reintroduce the key and start again and away you go. The fact that it is intermittent will make it tricky to nail down.

Chance it could be the fuel pump to but would of thought you may see a code with that and removing the key trick and starting again makes it unlikely.

Tell you what if you do find out the problem would be appreciated if you posted it here may help others out in the future.

Thanks.

Hi Tappet, sorry on the forward approach of my question iv not used a forum before and I though it was more so a Q&A kind of thing, but thank you for the ideas on what else to look for. Cheers John.

Latest posts

Back