Navara asia main page

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Not sure if it's just me, sometimes whenever I try and load up the navara asia home page i get redirected to this page here

It happens to me on multiple pc's? Not sure if admins know what the deal is?

Whenever it happens I just go back and reload the page and it works.

Weird right?

Shorty

Last edited by a moderator:
its happening to me aswell. 1st over the weekend but now also on the work computer. any ideas anyone?

Link removed from op
Admin looking at issue
PLEASE dont post suspect links------

There are several possibilities at work here.

1) The forum has been compromised (DNS/PHP/VB/.htaccess). I'm not suspecting that this is the case, because on several devices (my phone, Samsung Note, Asus Transformer, my computer, my TS session and a test workstation at work) I am not seeing this at all.

2) Google links have been known to occasionally direct oddly according to some search results I just obtained. It's usually pretty reliable and Google jumps on these quickly. I notice that the offending file you provided a link for has been removed from the destination site.

3) Redirection malware has infected your computer. This is the one I'd initially suspect for a "limited to a fairly small number of people" issue like this one. Try reading through this page which has some info and tips on removing it.

Thanks for letting us know about it. We'll keep an eye out for any more instances and I'll go through the setup later (as much as I am able to) and make sure everything looks ok.

I have it happen on my iPhone when clicking on navara Asia link in google, but not if I access from bookmark/history

Yeah it seems to be when I access from google as well. I doubt it has to do with an infected computer as it happens with home computer and work computer. I work for QLD Health, I would think we have only the highest levels of security to protect confidential patient data.

GOOGLE HAS FAILED US!?!?!?! What is the world coming to?

It's not the DNS at navara.asia, I just checked and it's still authoritative and responding. I've not heard of them compromising iPhones in this way yet either.

I just checked a couple of sample searches and I know it's Google doing it. My own computer has two firewalls, two sandboxes, antivirus and antimalware running constantly (and Comodo doesn't muck around). I was sent to the same link. The flyover text on the Google search result displayed the correct result but when you click on the link the Google redirection takes over and sends you to the wrong place.

Interestingly, the same set of search results (but choosing a result from a different site) takes me to the correct place, so it's something specifically to do with Google results to here. Odd, hopefully Google will fix it soon.

In the meantime, I'm going to update my antimalware and do an intensive scan just to make sure.

I've started having problems with this happening tonight. Theres an imposter" navara asia" showing up in google searches too.

Attachments

• google screen grab.JPG
    google screen grab.JPG
    105.5 KB
I just did those searches, found those exact same pages and discovered the same single file redirection occuring randomly (and infrequently) although the file has been taken off the web site. Google's cache of those pages are to this site. If the redirect doesn't trigger, the Google result does bring you here.

I've run several intensive scans on my computer, which is protected 4 ways now (and damn it's slow to boot with 2 firewalls and 3 different antivirus/antimalware products). I've found nothing on my computer, so I'm not sure where the redirection is occuring.

Latest posts

Back