My Warantee dramas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10312

Reaction score
My warrantee dramas finally over- I hope. Had two issues that have been ongoing for ages. First was ride height of the vehicle. Lower on the driver side particularly at the front. Ended up being the sway bar of all things. Most likely defective from manufacture or possibly tied down by it in transport.

Second prob was excessive rollover noise in the gearbox. Get the service blokes to listen to the rumbling sound with clutch engaged then put my foot on the clutch and sound disappears. They all nod and agree there is a problem and book it in. The Bozoes change the clutch throw-out bearing (trust bearing). Hey guess what guys it's still the same (no surprise). After a lot of toing and froing with the dealer. Nissan Techline advises that the rollover noise we can here is because of midway thru 2011 all Thai built versions went to a Single Mass Flywheel fitted. They put out a bulletin stating customers with these vehicles serial number MNT... onwards will experience a little more vibration and more rollover noise in the gearbox. I tried to get the dealer to email it to me but they wouldn't as it's a Nissan in confidence document but I did read it off their computer for myself.

Thought that may be interesting for anyone who owns the Mid 2011 on Thai built truck or others with lope sided trucks. I must say the clutch feels a little different from my mates Spanish built ST-X.

So after getting to point I was going to sell it. To the point of stripping the goodies off it. I've decided to keep it. Main reason I'll do well over 10 grand in 18 months and figure pouring a few grand into it to make it a little more resilient will be a better deal. Just hope I can regain confidence in the thing.

You've done your 10k. You may as well get some use out of it until time catches up. IMO

The part about the flywheel makes me smile , woo hoo , mines the same , and I had wondered as it never had been as smoothe as my mates , my king cab was built 12/12 , so it seems us lucky bastards won't suffer the same duel mass flywheel crap , excellent , and well done mr tappet

I remember telling people they changed to a soild flywheel a few months ago only to get shot down in flames.

Latest posts

Back