losing prime

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayden allen

Reaction score
Hello all my zd30 d22 keeps loosing prime every now and then and have to prime it
I have changed fuel pick up primmer but still does it any idea ...?.????

Gday, welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have air leaking in somewhere, a good trick that was suggested to me by another forum member when i was having similar problems is to buy some clear hose and temporarily fit it where your fuel lines are eg. inlet and outlet from the filter, and the injector return are easy to do. then you can see bubbles in the fuel. rubber hoses deteriorate over time and they will let some air in. my problem turned out to be a dodgy o-ring on the filter. fitted a new filter and away she went!

Gday, welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have air leaking in somewhere, a good trick that was suggested to me by another forum member when i was having similar problems is to buy some clear hose and temporarily fit it where your fuel lines are eg. inlet and outlet from the filter, and the injector return are easy to do. then you can see bubbles in the fuel. rubber hoses deteriorate over time and they will let some air in. my problem turned out to be a dodgy o-ring on the filter. fitted a new filter and away she went!

O okay sweet yea I replaced filter and the pick up primmer and still doing it
thanks will get clear hose tomorrow

Welcome to the forum!

Did you replace the filter with a genuine Nissan one, or an aftermarket one?

In the D40s, aftermarket filters are a total pain in the wallet, because you save just a couple of bucks to end up with a headache, have to sign up to a forum to ask the question, only to be told by half a dozen guys to go buy a genuine filter.

We don't see as many problems like that with the ZD30s but it's still a possibility.

Other things that could cause it:

* loose hose clamps
* overtightened hose clamps
* cracked, worn, split or hardened fuel hoses
* cracked, worn or split fuel primer bulb
* damaged tank spigot

Those clear hoses will give you an idea of where to look.

Latest posts

Back