Loosing power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jikerd

Reaction score
Hi, I have a D22 3.0 ltr. turbo diesel, has just turned over 200.000k. I tow a camper trailer and I am finding it is down on power a bit. I have heard that the cars computer can be adjusted to the same as the Patrol's running the same motor. It has a three inch exhaust and has been chipped by Roo systems.
I have heard that the engine computer can be altered the same as the Patrol running the same motor.
Is this true or not?
Thanks.

Sudden losses in power usually mean something's let go.

It might only be a boost leak or a loose electrical connection and really, those are the things to look for first. Boost leaks are betrayed by oil that seems to have come out of the air hose between the turbocharger and the intake manifold. If you have a catch can fitted, then the soapy water test works too.

Electrical connection issues are most commonly earthing problems. Clean the battery negative lead where it attaches to the motor, as well as the ECU's earth point.

I thought there were minor physical differences in the motors as well.

Hi, I have a D22 3.0 ltr. turbo diesel, has just turned over 200.000k. I tow a camper trailer and I am finding it is down on power a bit. I have heard that the cars computer can be adjusted to the same as the Patrol's running the same motor. It has a three inch exhaust and has been chipped by Roo systems.
I have heard that the engine computer can be altered the same as the Patrol running the same motor.
Is this true or not?
Thanks.

If your real good with a soldering iron it can be done. Only problem is the Patrol turbo is controlled by the ECU were the Navara one isn't.

Latest posts

Back