Long range fuel tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WALL4BY

Reaction score
I want to get a long range fuel tank for my nav (whats the biggest usable fuel tank out there for a d22) im in no rush as i'm not adding other mods to my nav for a few months. However any info and suggestions during that time is always good

There are a few of us here with long range tanks installed. We had a 70L "Long Ranger" auxiliary tank added to ours and we're pretty happy with not having to refuel as frequently. With 4 jerry cans, our range is now something near 2,000km.

The tank - fitted - cost something like $1400 or so from ARB. There are alternatives, including one that goes where your spare tyre is (you need to mount that elsewhere, of course).

Would I suggest that you do it? If you're travelling long distances, it's nice to have. Depends on whether or not the reduced frequency of refuelling - and the increased range - is worth spending your money on.

Long ranger do a 125L for the d22's

4wd systems in adelaide do both a 137 and 145l
You can also get a custom one made if you have a 50mm body lift, extends the volume out to 180(ish)L

I've got the 145l from 4wd systems. They all hang down round 40/50mm below the chassis rails (not good IMHO) So i've raised mine up 50mm (need bodylift) so the chassis is now the lowest point.

I am the same as Tommy, I have the 4wd systems one, but I got them to customise it after they told me it would not hang lower than the standard to fit my 50mm bodylift (Which it did, hangs down nearly 2 inches lower than the chassis now), so mine is about 180L (ish) Either way.. if you can get the 8c per litre discount from Woolies when you fill it right up, you make money.. but man it hurts to do it in one go.
So I don't think I can lift mine up like Tommy2222222220 (sorry, didnt count how many 2's) which is a pity, as I would really like to get rid of that corner that sticks down, but Tommy, would be good to see some pics of yours lifted, especially what you did with the front bracket?

If I had my options again, and this one wasnt such good value (900 including postage if I can remember, to remote WA at the time) I would prefer to have two separate tanks, just incase you stake one.... but there were not many options out there. It is nice being able to go about 1300km with no worries, with my bigger tyres etc. Hope to get more out of it soon after a bit of work.

Hope it makes sense, I am delirious with some form of flu in a jungle camp in southeast asia.. haha.

I have a 125L Longranger tank in mine.

Wish someone would make a 95L tank for the other side.

Would be interested if somebody does make another smaller tank to supplement the larger. I have a 125l Long Ranger on the way.

I have one in my Landcruiser and all up around 280l...but the V8 goes thru it quick smart towing 3.5t's plus

...would be good to see some pics of yours lifted, especially what you did with the front bracket?

Rear View
IMAG0460.jpg

Front View

IMAG0108.jpg

Clearance to body

IMAG0109.jpg

Latest posts

Back