Light Bar adustment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
A while back I had to replace the whole left hand headlight, the crappy plastic bit.
To adjust the headlights, it seems you get about 25 feet back from a wall, not a problem with that.
But I got rid of the piddly little spotlights I had and put a spot/spread beam light bar on.
So my question is, do you line up the spot section of the light bar with your high beam. Or do you adjust it higher.
I haven't used it yet but I will in a couple of days doing some night driving.
Cheers

I just mountes mine so it was at the same angle as the front of the bullbar, if that makes sense... you don't get a great deal of diatance out of them anyway, so it isn't massively critical what angle they are on. You will get a larger spread up and down, the more horizontal the mounting angle is though.

My roof lights (floods) are simply aimed horizontally, but they're only used in forest tracks when I need to see a lot of the road side, we have a habit of towing our 2.5T caravan in narrow forests trails with cliffs and drops you don't want to mess with.

My main light bar is also aimed horizontally but I noticed that more light shines down in front than out ahead, almost as if the bar naturally shines downwards.

I've had the bar for a while now, and there's a little corrosion on one side and all of the black on the rear has come off revealing a light bronze anodisong. I want to disassemble, clean, paint and protect. When I remount it, I will aim it a little more upwards so that the bulk of the light lands on the ground about 50m ahead instead of its current 5m. It still lights up the road ahead - but it could probably do better.

Best thing to do is set it at night.
First loosen the adjusting bolts slightly so you can move the bar by hand, then put your high beams on as well as the light bar and adjust till your happy, turn all off and re tighten the bolts.
Everyone is different and there is no such thing as the only way.

Latest posts

Back