Leg Room in Rear of STX 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grunt

Reaction score
Ok Team.

I test drove the 550 tonight, with the wife and daughter.

I know this is is a cab ute and not really designed as a people mover, but my family hated sitting in the back, with minimal leg room and hard seats.

I was/am wanting the ute to suit all of our family needs, as well as my need to carry dirt bikes and tow boats, etc...

What are your thougths on the rear seating of the STX550?

Grunt

Same as any dual cab ute unless you want a big American tank.

Not the worst leg room i've been in, but yeah they aren't fantastic if comfort is your thing

It could be worse. Try sitting in the back of a D22!!! My 14yr old daughter would have her knees in the back of my wife's seat, and thats with her putting her seat forward until her knees were touching the dash.
When i was looking at buying a new ute my daughter was the tester in all the different makes, and going off what she said, the D40 was the most comfy. Im talking about the ST not the STX, i know the rear seat in the STX folds up so im not sure if that makes a difference as we only sat in the ST. We looked at the Hilux, Triton and the Amorok.
If you put the passenger seat forward a little there is heaps of room for both the front and rear passenger

Last edited:
That is the only reason we got our D40 STX because my knuckle dragging son needed more room then what our previous ute (Rodeo) had to offer. Both of my boys don't complain about the room and comfort and I am comfy with either sitting behind me (I'm 6ft and so is my eldest). I am keen to look at the new BT-50 / Ranger to see what they now have to offer as they have become a bigger ute apparently.

my complaints department (13yo when got it 5 years ago)has not had anything to say about legroom,none of her friends she now drives around have any problem

Latest posts

Back