Keys Stolen

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canny lad

Reaction score
I have just had a burglary, they only stole cash ,cards, phone and keys.
They have the keys to my Navarra D40 2007, didnt take the truck, but they may come back for it. I have a spare key.
How easy and how do I go about changing the locks. In the meantime I am going to fit an immobilisar and hidden switch.
Thanks George

I can't speak for modern cars, but I changed the locks on my VK commodore back when I was 18, I managed back then without any clues about anything. I imagine it couldn't be too hard.

I hope you catch them.

It wont be cheap to change the locks and the central locking system but they will be able to pretty much do an old for new and replace what's there with the same parts.

I don't know if it's possible through Nissan but perhaps ring them and explain your situation they might be able to reprogram the system and your spare key so that even if the thief can get inside they wont be able to start the car.

I had this happen with my old VL,

I bought a new ignition barrel from Holden, knocked the door locks out and took it to a locksmith to recode to the new key. I think the ignition barrel cost was around 90 and the recoding was only 30 dollars.

Hidden switch works well, ive done that so even if they get my keys it wont start

I'd try an insurance claim......it has got to be in the insurers interest to cover your keys rather then cover the possible loss of the vehicle. Be worth a go at least!

Even if it is a home contents claim the keys and what it costs to replace them should be covered. Depends who you with. I imagine they will try to say, " oh that's your car insurance.
Try the dealer, they may have a simple solution.
Wreckers otherwise for the keys and barrels then dealer for programing???
Pricks can't get a job like the rest of us.
Probably find the scum down at the local methadone clinic.

Latest posts

Back