K&N filter for 2008 st-r

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorny08str

Reaction score
Has anyone got a k&n filter fitted to their 2.5L st-r? If so is the model number E-2020? I fitted one to mine but im finding the seal in the airbox is a bit leaky.

Welcome to the forums, try using the search function there has been a guy selling K&N filters, if the part numbers aren't listed in the post selling them I'm sure a PM to him will work.

k&n filter

i would never fit one of these to my car . seen engines dusted so many times because they let heaps of dust though. stick with a paper filter.

Kn filter is fine for on road use abs light off-road but stay way back in dusty conditions. Yes I think the KN E-200 is the right one. If it was purchased off eBay it would be it as I did the same. My fit is really tight no dramas with mine. The kn filter is about 5mm longer then the standard paper job so it pushes hard into the filter box.

I use kn for onroad and paper for off-road use. Also long trip carry a second paper aswell. So total 3 filters for outback drives. You never know when it may get wet or something

Rusty

I binned my K&N from my 2006 3ltr - they are not made specifically for the D22 and fit a number of models. Mine was a bitch to fit and when I removed it for the 4th clean it was all bent out of shape.

Paper ones are easier to tap clean in dusty conditions, as the oil on the K&N makes that near impossible.

Be careful not to over oil because that is messy!

Performance - slightly better, with a definite increase in snorkel noise.

My opinion only.

thanks for the info guys. i put the old paper filter back in and the box leaks with it in too. id never noticed as ive only had it a couple of months. I might get nissan to check it out. The truck is going in tomorrow to get a new intercooler. The original one has an oil leak coming out of a crack in the front right hand corner. Thank god for warranty. Has anyone else heard of this happening?

Latest posts

Back