Issue with Tacho

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandboxie

Reaction score
Hi all, hope you had a great easter and lots of 4WD...

I have some issues with my Tacho, sometimes works and sometimes is dead, I have noticed it happen everytime my Navara hit a bump or ..
It may a loose wire somewhere, does anyone know where should I look? (I am not a mechanic) a wiring diagram would help.

cheers,

:thank_you2:

The tacho sensor (on a diesel) will be the crank angle sensor so if your engine runs rough every time you hit a bump, that'll be the culprit.

Otherwise, it's more than likely an earth that's gone funny. This happens particularly when changes are made to the stereo. You'll notice that some of your instrument lights don't work at night and you might even have problems with your tail lights (parkers usually). If you've had the stereo changed over, take it back to those guys and tell them that they've dislodged the earth to the instrument panel.

It could just be that the stereo's earth has come loose. Since the case of the radio is supposed to be connected to the chassis, try running a wire from the radio chassis to the car chassis and see how things perform.

Latest posts

Back