Is this stuff legal in Australia?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tinting lights is illegal in every state I think you'll find. I'm pretty sure there is something in the adr's about them not being tinted/faded etc.

A guy I used to work with got pulled over one night on his way to work and the cops told him his tail lights were too faded (he had an old lexcen/commodore) which were bad for lights fading...

why do people want to tint their tail lights??? I just don't understand it

ok in qld its fine to tint the rear as long as the reflector still works

some people ive seen have done the headlights which look awesome but the film is really expensive

to do if properly, u need a transition style film: for the front they use the same stuff as glasses(tints to black in the sun but at night its clear)
the rears they use one thats the opposite...

or like us normal people, we use the aerosol NIGHTSHADE, its a spray on tint specially designed for tinting ive done my rear lights... you can go as dark or as light as u want

22251249181352008791754.jpg

22256249181348808712112.jpg

to make it legal i did dark on the sides but light facing the rear.... and yes i know it bubbled just cant be stuffed to sand it back right now

ok in qld its fine to tint the rear as long as the reflector still works

some people ive seen have done the headlights which look awesome but the film is really expensive

to do if properly, u need a transition style film: for the front they use the same stuff as glasses(tints to black in the sun but at night its clear)
the rears they use one thats the opposite...

or like us normal people, we use the aerosol NIGHTSHADE, its a spray on tint specially designed for tinting ive done my rear lights... you can go as dark or as light as u want

22251249181352008791754.jpg

22256249181348808712112.jpg

to make it legal i did dark on the sides but light facing the rear.... and yes i know it bubbled just cant be stuffed to sand it back right now

Not correct.

It is not legal to tint tail lights at all. The light intensity is reduced by doing so.

Regards

Greg

Latest posts

Back