Importing vehicle into oz

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Has anyone ever imported a vehicle from overseas? I'm trying to buy & import a Unimog from the German army with a mate who works through europe.
From what I can tell it has to be 1989 or older, and RHD if less than 30yrs old.
We will probably be looking at an early 80's U1700L, and possibly converting to RHD (A UK company does the kit).
They fit in a container if you take the wheels off and drive it in on the brake rotors, or Roll on Roll off freight, anyone have any experience of vehicle freight too?

There was a guy from the UK recently wanting to bring his Nav out when he moves here, I can't think of the nick used but there was some replies to his posts of where to look for rules and specs.

Not sure what to search for but if you can't find it I'd suggest your first call should be to the RTA and maybe the second to customs, but I'm sure the other thread had better tips.

I was sure there was someone else wanting to move to this country, I'm sure Dave, myself and boss were some of the posters and boss even linked to the appropriate rules for importing to SA but I can't find the thread so maybe I am thinking of something else.

That might be the post but given it's the same OP as the one Tony linked to guess it's not the one I was thinking of. Thread I was thinking of might be on another forum because it had some good answers but I have no idea what happened to the person asking the question.

Latest posts

Back