HID Globes. Are they ADR compliant????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HID Globes. Are they ADR compliant when retrofitted to a Navara (or anything else) ? It seems the retailers dont know, not even Vicroads knows. I know there is a legal limit on wattage of conventional globes, and HID's give off far more light than a 60W low beam.

It was just a thought, I have them occasionally !!!!

For something to be ADR compliant doesn't it have to be legal?

I don't know but I do know the legalities of HID has been done to death in quite a few other threads so you could start there until someone else comes along with more info.

The short answer is: HID headlights are legal, but only if your headlamps are automatically leveling and they have a hood in front of the globe itself.

If you're after more light out the front, you might be better served by dropping in some IPF Fat Boy globes (about $160 or so at ARB). Driving lights are a good option but must only ever come on with your high beam. Daytime running lights, fog lights or "poor weather lights" should only ever be on in the daytime or in adverse weather conditions.

For something to be ADR compliant doesn't it have to be legal?

I don't know but I do know the legalities of HID has been done to death in quite a few other threads so you could start there until someone else comes along with more info.

Note to self, search forums before asking question !!!! Thanks Krafty, I see it has been done to death.

Go easy Krafty.

Not everyone has been on a forum before and knows whats expected.

Dave.

It was just a comment sheesh it wasn't aimed at any one directly and it was totally correct, many don't know how to use a search button or simply ignore it and ask questions. Both new and old users do it it's nothing to get offended about just cause we found one who does.

Settle boys. Leave your shirts on..

Krafty just pointed out the error in my ways and I will be a better forum user for it. And I am sure his comment is correct, many dont take advice as just that, advice. It was never taken personally... in fact i got a laugh from it.

Dammit I knew there was a reason I always loose fights, I didn't realise it was my shirt that was suppose to come off I thought it was my pants and I've been running around in my jocks ready to kick some arse but it's hard to kick peoples arse when they are laughing so hard, and with your pants around your ankles.

Latest posts

Back