HID Globe Colour Temperature

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
I run IPF 900XS driving lights on the Nav and am about to buy the HID kit for them from ebay. Both my driving lights are spreads.

I have two choices, 4300K or 6000K.

Apparently the 4300K's are brighter than the 6000K's by about 15%, it's explained quite well here.

Has anyone experienced both (or either) and has some input?

Cheers.

I have had both, much prefer the 4300kthat I have now. The 6000k are way too blue. The light fades quicker.
Little tip, I have installs a fair few hid Kits and I now swear by ntech. Wouldn't go with anything else. They have metal bases on the gloves which makes fitment much better suited.

Thanks mate, that's the kind of feedback I'm after. I definitely don't want the blue look.

i had Philips 6000k's in my headlights, really really white light and made me tired driving at night lol, went back to stock halogens

Yeah apparently the 6000's also reflect a lot of white light off road signs as well.

Just ordered the HID Bi-xenon kit for my pathfinder but don't know if it's 4500 or 6000k... I guess I'll find out lol

Yeah apparently the 6000's also reflect a lot of white light off road signs as well.

Either of them will reflect alot but the 6000k more so. As I said the N-Tech are exxy but I would never get anything else ever again.
Oh and they have also never not lit, I even had issues with the Phillips every now and again not lighting first go.

I've got the 6k ones and yes they do seem to reflect a lot of light. I've been told u can fitted coloured covers that apparently help.... I was also told that your eyes adjust more quickly when using the 4300 when turning off/on than the 6000 ones. Apparently your eyes take that little bit longer to adjust with the 6k ones which "might" be an issue with seeing what's coming.....

I was told the 4300 are still a bit yellow.. I run 6000 in all my cars headlights and spots and they are bright white (no blue) but do reflect street signs a bit.

I have 4300k in my Britax Xray's. I much prefer the 6000k I use to have.

Awesome lights though, wouldn't use anything else now.

I'm keeping my standard headlight globes standard so I want the driving lights close to that colour temperature. Having the 4300K's brighter than 6000K's is a bonus.

HID headlight highbeams are shit anyway.

Low beam is good though, when adjusted right.

I have 4300k in my Britax Xray's. I much prefer the 6000k I use to have.

Awesome lights though, wouldn't use anything else now.

Really? I didn't like my 6000k.
But I guess all these Chinese rands would be different???

Latest posts

Back