HID Conversions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting....
I have driven past that many police cars at night and nothing has been said. Not sure if that is due to the fact i only have 6k globes (looks white) instead of 12k globes or more (looks Blue).
I have had one or two people flash me before when i have had my lights on. But the majority of road users don't do much.
Up here in Port Hedland, these lights are perfect as when i'm driving late at night, you can spot roo's and animals a mile away. I just didnt like the old yellow lights the nav had. Mind you i actually got a genuine phillips kit. None of that fake rubbish.

what to do?

Brett

^ What he said. I have been breath tested about 50 times now and the cops haven't said anything about the HID lights.

I have the same kit, the only downside is though.

HID aren't as good in the rain though. However the HID spotties make up for it.

90% of my driving is night driving, so the HID's work for me.

interesting info mate. but to top itoff its illegal to have HID units(bulbs etc) into standard polycarb headlights. so 99% of cars on the road have halogen and a d22 navara is one of them. the only cars that can really take HID bulbs are cars that come standard with them or if u upgrade the whole headlight assembly

I'm not a fan of clowns getting around with them in low beams blinding oncoming traffic but for high beam and driving lights they seem to work for me. Maybe it is an illusion like he said, but i seem to be able to see better with HID driving light rather than halogen bulbs. It's not just the distance of the HID's it's the colour that i find better ,but i did find the 6000k to blue and it gave the trees,grass, rocks etc a bluey green tinge and made it harder to spot animals as they all seemed to blend but the 4300k is alot better.

Anybody seen the standard H4 5"x7"s for sale, designed for HID? There's a few kits on eBay but by the looks of it they're just regular 5x7s with a HID kit sticky taped on.

AFIK there are only headlights with Projector tyle lenses for HID.
Most Driving light kits can be retrofitted to HID as long as a lamp adaptor is used to put the globe into the right position for the reflector.

Ok I tried to post the actual info but the character limits meant I had to start splitting up pages etc
so Ill just post the link.
If you have or are thinking about HID conversions this is definately worth the read. You may or maybe not agree but its somewhat factual

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Thank's for posting that.
Read the link on HID conversion. Nice to see the truth told occasionally.
No need to wonder about whether or not HID is a good choice any longer. Not even a legal battle really. Plenty of commonsense. I need better lights like anybody else.
Glad I read it before purchase, cause I rekon it'd be hard to give em up after.

I'm new to this technology, so what's the good alternative? Fatboy's? What are they?

Ok yeh that's the sort of thing I've been doing in the past. Cheap enough to try. Dunno how 2 do the ebay thing so I'll pay a little more retail I guess. thanks

Latest posts

Back