Hi all...Newbie with a new 2011 Nav D40 ST-X

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck K

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Got my first Nav in Dec 11. Sparkly white D40 (Spain) ST-X auto diesel for towing around a horse float and doing farm work. Soft tonneau cover, tub liner, tow pack and electric braking unit. Hardly a bush-bashing beast but it'll do what I want to do for the moment.

Takes a bit of getting used to after driving around in a VW sedan - my teeth fillings are settling down nicely and the nosebleeds from the elevated driving position have also abated!

Being a shallow sort of guy, my first question to the forums is whether the new Navs need any sort of dash protection from UV? I know the VW's had a rubberised type of dash which precluded the need for a dash mat, but I note that the Nav dash is more 'plasticky'. Any recommendations would be triff!

Welcome to the forums Chuck.

I brought one of those ebay dash mats but my reasoning for it was more to provide some protection/hide my scanguage not to protect the dash itself. I think dashboards in general a bit stronger today than they used to be and dash protection isn't a huge issue but it's entirely up to each owner. One thing it does is hide the dust.

welcome to the forum mate, you got yourself a great rig there, i dont think it will fade/ get damaged from uv without a dashmat, you can always use amourall if it suits you, if you do get one it will get rid of the glare on the windscreen from the dash if you have that problem

Dunno for sure but gone the dash mat here. Then agiain only 16 degrees south of the equator here so U.V. is a real killer for just about anything. Dash, duco, you...
And welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to the forum mate.You shouldn't need ! as thay are plastic and won't crack or fadr but in saying that I have ! on my D22 but the reasoning around that is that I stick velcro on it and the other side on my phone and other things I throw up there and I don't need to worry about shit flying accross the dash.

Dash Mat - Dealer Opinion

Thanks for the advice guys. Also spoke with the dealer this arvo and he reckons the dash will hold up to the UV no problem without a dashmat. So I'll save a few bucks and put it towards my Black Duck seat covers.

Cheers.

Black duck seatcovers are tough but a caution, The patrol at work that people climb in and out of every 5 min everyday wore the seat material out from the canvas covers rubbing on it, the auto upholster that fixed it said to put a cheap seatcover on under the blackduck cover

Thanks Dave...never thought of that. We obviously aren't in and out of the vehicle at that rate but it would probably pay to err on the side of caution.

Latest posts

Back