Hi all couple of questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt714me

Reaction score
HI all I have just joined due to the fact I just purchased a 2009 d22 dual cab
I actulally went to the auction to buy a fg falcon ute for a new work ute but for some reason froze when it came up and did not bid.
Anyway I was kicking myself and sat in the clearance lane when I noticed this d22 come up the line thought to myself just have a quick look and see how much it goes for .
To cut a long story short the car had a defect notice of a faulty turbo estimated cost of repair $1800 but had only 63k on the clock so I thought I would hang around.
I could not believe that no one bid on it and ended up picking it up for only15k.
Now the best bit the turbo was not stuffed turns out the noise was from the front of the motor somewhere put a long screwdriver on the motor like a stethoscope and the noise seems to be coming from around what I think is the injector pump.
Due to the fact only the turbo was not covered under the mandatory 3 month warranty they have to fix it.
Now the questions I have is this year and model the ones that have the timing chain problem secondly I have had a couple of comments from people driving behind that it is bowing a bit of smoke is this a common problem and what usually is the cause.
Last question is the front suspension on the drivers side makes a hell of a noise turning either way( full lock or near full lock) if you hit any sought of bump
Thanks in advance

Gady and welcome to the forum, sounds like you got a bargain, ONCE they fix it.
The smoke could have something to do with the pump, i would wait and see if it changes once they fix it.
The steering noise is a standard D22 thing, its only the bump stops. If you bung some grease on the bolts and in the cup where the bolt hits it will make it allot better, BUT it wont last long and you will have to keep doing it.
If the timing chain is at all noisy or has a big rattle i would get that changed under warranty as well, Maybe drop into a Nissan dealer and get them to have a listen to it so you know exactly what should be done by the auction to get it in perfect running order.

Got my navara back today its all fixed under warranty but being a newbie to navaras they make me feel I am glad I got this one for such a good price for a car to have only 63k just out of new car warranty what needed replacing was shocking
All I can say i am glad I did not have to pay the place I got it from were spewing they even offered my money back but I knocked them back because it would cost a lot more than I paid for it to buy an equivalent condition vehicle. and I had already spent some $$ on it
The list goes New top and bottom timing chains new injector pump new vacuum pump new rear main new bump stops
I hope it will be ok now but it has left me a bit wary about my purchase not a good example of the nissan brand
we will see how she goes next week with the big trip to the NW of WA and some serious 4wd action

**** me thats alot of stuff to be replaced, personally I wouldn't be congratulating myself on buying a lemon.

but anyway welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back