Hey guys looking at a d40 tomorrow .

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
Hey guys found a 2008 d40 116,000 km from a dealer used ..
I have the d22 but I think the gear box is going so thinking of making it the dealers problem I like my d22 but the d40 looks cool it's got a arb bulbar and canopy it's white for about $ 32,000
Also thinking of just getting another d22 brand new ... but while I like it it seem pointless to get the same car but I'm not sure what to do .

It's a difficult one to answer for you but kind of know how you feel. When looking around a few months ago I was quite tempted by the great deals on the Collorado and Isuzu but after owning a Rodeo for 15 years, somthing different is always nice. Like the D22/21 that vehicle has not really changed that much in in 15 years. The engine is a we ripper tho.
If your just running around town and going on short trips maybe the a new D22 would be a better option. However if you do end up going the D40, go for a real long drive, you'll be glad you brought the D40. After a Rodeo for that amount of time nothing would convice me to buy a torsion bar suspended car again.

i need a ute for work i cant have a patrol ...

lol or will they laugh at me when i brake down lol?

I've got a Navara with a canopy set up for 4wding and I can pack more gear in my Nav then in a patrol, I have a set of draws in the tray and they would still be more room then a patrol.

I have owned both and really liked my D22, but the D40 is a great ute! love it!!.... more room, more power, more comfortable for me to work out of and the family to travel in, more factory gadgets, more room in the tray, what more can i say it just has more!! lol

Krafty pig seems to be pretty happy with his lol how dose it go off road ? Also has does it go to the tank of deisle ? Cheers guys

I don't use mine for hardcore offroading, been sand bashing on the beach a few times and it spends most of it's day on the farm in either 4H or sometimes 4L, but I do it all on stock tyres and shocks. I know I can't mud climb with the big boys and I don't bother trying but that doesn't mean the ute doesn't do what I ask of it.

Fuel wise I get high 9's to mid 10's (on the farm it pushes out to 11's) but I do drive it fairly sedately and I live in the country so stop start traffic isn't something I have to deal with often.

I can't remember if the engines in the 08' and 09's are the same, I think they are because they didn't change the engine until early 2010 from memory, and everything else on the 08 was pretty much the same as the 09 too.

I'm looking to do some touring around aust with my girlfriend witch for the long trip the d40 would be better but I also like my weekends with the boys in the bush .. I'm not sure it will do what my d22 can do ..

If you set it up it will. Woody's added all the goodies to his and bashes with the best of them. Bosshog did similar to his and crossed the Simpson. D40's are capable of doing just about anything a D22 can when you add bits to it. The D22 might be a bit more capable from the factory but to do serious stuff it still needs mods. The D40 will give you more comfort for the long runs.

Ok cool well I bought one today should be picking It up hopefully by next weekend lol

Latest posts

Back