Help please....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekul1984

Reaction score
Hello all.
First post and I apologize if its been covered but I'm a little stressed over it and being a sunday I cant ask my local 4wd shop.
I recently got a 2 inch lift kit installed no dramas there. I got under my truck as you do to check things out and I noticed one torsion bar is wound up or down more than the other, about 10 to 15mm. Now I know nothing about suspension so this could be normal to account for weights from one side to another. Now I can't really see a lean on my truck, is there any way of seeing if its level and that what my 4wd guy has done is all good/normal.

sounds like they got the bars indexed differently by maybe one or two splines.

It shouldn't be a real problem if they've adjusted it level, but if you haven't had your post lift wheel alignment done yet it would be easy enough to undo one and try and get it the same as the other if it really annoys you, or just get whoevers doing your wheel alignment to have a look at it.

I some how managed to get mine right fist time round just eyeballing it when I put mine in, probably just a fluke tho.

Welcome to the forum.

Park the car on level ground and with a tape measure, check the distance between the wheel hub (or top of the rim, as long as it's part of the metal area inside the tyre) and the lip of the guard on both sides. They need to be within 10mm of each other, I think.

Latest posts

Back