Help please noob

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

in4rhvn

Reaction score
Hey im buying a 91 4runner i was told it was a 2.8 turbo deisel. but on wiki their is no such thing,,,.! it says their is a 2.0ltr 2.4ltr 2.8ltr all deisel but no turbo deisel can someone help me out please:suicide2:

Go to a yota forum, we got nothing but a can of petrol and some matches for your 4runner.

Oh and welcome to the NISSAN NAVARA forum.

i must be the only one who likes em..

4runners that were released here got the 2.4 diesel (non turbo) or the v6

GET A SURF they came in a 2.5 or 3L turbo diesel and come in a better model series...

ie not bog standard with out power windows etc

Give him a break.

Anyways, back to the question.

The donk in question is the 3L.

They never came turbocharged, alot of people install the turbo gear off the 2LT which is the 2.4L TD used in the Surf's and Bundera's.

The 3L's ain't really a awesome engine to turbo charge.

Piston's wont take it long term as Toyota built them to be NA only, unlike Nissan did with the TD27's and the QD32's.

Considered a WD21 Pathfinder or Terrano ?

The 4Runner's aren't a bad 4WD, the slow engines let them down.

The 3L V6's are prone for cracking cylinder heads. Use enormous amounts of fuel, for shit all power.

Surf's came with the 2LT/E (2.4L TD) and the 1KZTE (3L TD) and the 3L V6, but V6's were hardly imported.

Give him a break.

Anyways, back to the question.

The donk in question is the 3L.

They never came turbocharged, alot of people install the turbo gear off the 2LT which is the 2.4L TD used in the Surf's and Bundera's.

The 3L's ain't really a awesome engine to turbo charge.

Piston's wont take it long term as Toyota built them to be NA only, unlike Nissan did with the TD27's and the QD32's.

Considered a WD21 Pathfinder or Terrano ?

The 4Runner's aren't a bad 4WD, the slow engines let them down.

The 3L V6's are prone for cracking cylinder heads. Use enormous amounts of fuel, for shit all power.

Surf's came with the 2LT/E (2.4L TD) and the 1KZTE (3L TD) and the 3L V6, but V6's were hardly imported.

dave needs too brush up on his surf's ;)

the 3L turbo's ok if done right. most people just add turbo and a small fuel increase. anything more requires a lot more work.

surf's also came out with the 2.8(3L) and a 2.0(3YE).
btw 4 runner is just the bottom model spec surf but with up market trim made specifically for export.

tho dave forgot to mention that the big bad mighty nissan TD42 was also made with atmo only pistons.

i got that beat...

i went to dinner with a few friends,

unbeknowist to me we went to a vege restaurant...

i asked the waiter, What steaks do you have?

put it this way.... i got asked to leave

well the car i was going to buy shit it self. not everyonemite like 4runner but i do i wont post up about them. cause it the wrong site to but also if i had 15,000 to spend on a nav i would buy one but i only need somthing to tow my vlt with and my motocross bike. It is just a daily not like all of your that have spent a fortune on your navaras.

well the car i was going to buy shit it self. not everyonemite like 4runner but i do i wont post up about them. cause it the wrong site to but also if i had 15,000 to spend on a nav i would buy one but i only need somthing to tow my vlt with and my motocross bike. It is just a daily not like all of your that have spent a fortune on your navaras.

Your lucky you didn't buy it mate.That would have been a real pain in the arse buying it and then the motor shit itself on you.Dont take the banter personally mate we just like to shit stir.

Yeah thanks i have learnt everyone on forums do it. im a member of vl's forums and they love to shit stir. Yeah i am very lucky to not have bought it i have another one lined up that i am going to look at tomorow it a bit better more money though but i think it mite be worth it.

When it comes to buying second hand cars, the cheap ones are usually cheap for a reason. Often spending a little more upfront will save you in the long run due to better reliability and less $$$$s on repairs that the previous owner skimped on.

Latest posts

Back