Help!! Camber issues since fitting calmini lift?!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanoftron

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Been using this forum for a while but never really posted.....
I've recently installed a 3' calmini lift in my 05 d22 single cab and have been told from a suspension joint (spicers springs in bayswater Vic) that I now have too much negative camber. It's worse on the drivers side so the car pulls too the left abit. Apparently the only way they could get it within a reasonable camber range was to hav the torsion wound right down...
Just wondering if anyone else is running the calmini 3' lift from the u.s and has run into this problem??........
The kit I've got included control arms, hd torsions, extended shocks, extended shackles etc.........I'm also running 33's on patrol offset sunnies if it makes any difference.
Any help would great guys thanx..
Sean.

This may help http://www.navara.asia/diy-modifica...nstalling-calmini-upper-control-arms-diy.html

The 2 bolts that connect the Top arm to the chassis are eccentric

img0737ig.jpg

They should be adjusted into the fully out position if you have neg camber.

Are the Calmini arms longer or shorter than stock (should be longer in theory)

Ah!
I think that could be the problem......ive set the bolts to the side and not to the bottom. And yeah from what i understand the arms are longer.
Thanx heaps, ive been scratching my head over this one!

Take it somewhere like bob jane and get a wheels allignment. I took it to a suspension shop and that what they told me. Took it to bob jane and they had it done within 15 mins. And I had mine wound up to within 1cm from the top bump stop.

Hey guys, so I took it too pedders and they've told me the same thing. When I wind it up It has too much negative camber. It also had different amounts of camber, 1 degree on the passenger side and 2 on the drivers side. I've emailed calmini 3 times with no reply which is strange considering how quickly they replied when I was purchasing the kit... I'm wondering if it's a dodgy set of arms...?

Last edited:
I have a 3 inch lift on mine (not calmini) and have no trouble with my camber.The other thing you can do is get the calmini upper control arms.I know a few guys here have also ground out the upper control arm to stop the shocks rubbing on them

Yeah cheers mate but I've already got the calmini upper control arms, but they don't seem to have enough adjustment or are long enough to correct the camber. Wanna make these work if possible, there way more heavy duty than the stock ones...

Last edited:
I had mine wound up within 1cm from the top bump stop and they were still able to achieve a factory wheel alignment

So I finally sorted it out, after getting no real support from calmini I took it too a joint called pgs 4wd's in mornington and they did a few mods to the calmini upper control arms. Being engineers there work turner out awesome and the vehicle is now sitting alot higher with the camber perfect. I'm still curious though if the control arms supplied were slightly wrong or if there is some variation between the dual and single cabs..? Im also wondering if mines as high as everyone else with a calmini lift that didn't have problems with it...

Sorry for bringing up a OLD post, but what do you need to fix camber issues on the D22 after say a 3" lift. Im the same, my kit comes with all the usual gear, HD torsion bars, upper control arms, extended shackles. Do you need anything else on D22's to fix cambe issues or like its been said, wheel alignment should do the trick?

Sorry, i am not too mechanically minded when it comes to these things.

Brett

And another question, how long did it take calmini to get back to you when you first bought the kit from them?? ive been emailing them tryng to buy a set of there sway away coil overs for my d40 and cant get a reply from them

cheers sean

turbogu said:
And another question, how long did it take calmini to get back to you when you first bought the kit from them?? ive been emailing them tryng to buy a set of there sway away coil overs for my d40 and cant get a reply from them

cheers sean

Gday,this guy responded next day [email protected] good luck

Latest posts

Back